Troubleshooting Reinstall via LiveSuit
This page describes how to do a "factory reset" of the MOD Duo via LiveSuit.
Please note that LiveSuit is not an application developed by the MOD Team and as such we cannot fix any issues it might have.
Also these instructions are only valid for Windows. For reinstallations via Linux and macOS, see Troubleshooting_Reinstall#Factory_Reset.
- Click and hold down the FEL button on the back of the MOD Duo (in tiny hole), while you power it on
- Hold it for 2 seconds, then release
- Connect the MOD Duo to your computer via USB cable
- Download https://download.moddevices.com/releases/modduo/tools/PhoenixSuit1.0.7.zip and extract its contents
- Install the FEL mode Windows driver (see #Installing FEL mode USB driver section below)
- Run LiveSuit and deploy the MOD Duo LiveSuit image (see #Deploying LiveSuit image below)
- Wait for the Duo's restore mode to activate
- Download the Duo image from Factory Reset Images and copy it to the mass storage device (as usual for MOD updates)
- Wait until the installation finishes (the Duo will automatically reboot)
Installing FEL mode USB driver
6. Wait for Windows to finish installing the driver.
Windows might complain that it can't verify the publisher of this driver. You'll have to click to install anyway.
(This is because, as previously stated, this software was not done by the MOD Team)
Deploying LiveSuit image
2. Download https://download.moddevices.com/releases/modduo/tools/modduo_livesuit_20201028.img
On the LiveSuit application window, click on the Firmware tab and then the 'Image' button and select the file you just downloaded.
The MOD Duo will automatically boot into restore mode after the deploy finishes.
1. Wait for the Duo's restore mode to activate
2. Download the Duo image from Factory Reset Images and copy it to the mass storage device (as usual for MOD updates)
3. Wait until the installation finishes (the Duo will automatically reboot)